Property 'Series' cannot be found on this object.

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Looks like a pretty cool script I hope I can get it to work.
Right now I can get the script to rename the files, but it does not move them and I get the following error: 

Property 'Series' cannot be found on this object. Make sure that it exists.
At C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1:484 char:35+     $this_series = $series_list.Data. <<<< Series | Where-Object { $_.SeriesName -eq $series_name }    
+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (.:OperatorToken) [], RuntimeException    
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFoundStrict

The variable '$this_series' cannot be retrieved because it has not been set.At C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1:486 char:18
+     if ($this_series <<<<  -ne $null)    
+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (this_series:Token) [], RuntimeException    
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : VariableIsUndefined

Property 'Series' cannot be found on this object. Make sure that it exists.At C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1:526 char:40
+                     $series_xml = @($series_list.Data. <<<< Series)[0]    
+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (.:OperatorToken) [], RuntimeException    
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFoundStrict

You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.At C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1:527 char:41
+                     $new_series_xml = $series_xml.Clone <<<< ()    
+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (Clone:String) [], RuntimeException    
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

The variable '$new_series_xml' cannot be retrieved because it has not been set.At C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1:528 char:21
+                     $new_series_xml <<<< .seriesid = $this_series.seriesid    
+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (new_series_xml:Token) [], RuntimeException    

The variable '$new_series_xml' cannot be retrieved because it has not been set.At C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1:530 char:21
+                     $new_series_xml <<<< .SeriesName = $series_name # $this_series.SeriesName    
+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (new_series_xml:Token) [], RuntimeException    

The variable '$new_series_xml' cannot be retrieved because it has not been set.At C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1:531 char:69
+                     $rubbish_output = $series_list.Data.AppendChild($new_series_xml <<<< )    

Any suggestions?

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2011 at 7:07 AM

These errors seem to be because the script appears to have been able to load the SeriesList XML file, but it doesn't seem to be of the correct format.

Can you please copy & paste the contents of the SerieslList file?

Thanks.

Philip

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I don't see on in the folder where the file is. The directions state: "Under normal circumstances, WTV-MetaRenamer will automatically add to this file as new series are discovered from recordings." Is it located somewhere else?

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:57 PM

In the Zip file that you downloaded, you should find three files and a folder:

• WTV-MetaRenamer.pdf
  • WTV-MetaRenamer.xml
  • WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1
  • XML (folder)

Inside the XML folder, you should find two files and a folder. One of the files is "SeriesList.xml".

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2011 at 1:01 PM

You might want to download Build 8256a - this corrects an error in the main configuration file which may, inadvertently, be causing the problem you have reported.

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I don't see a file there yet. "There are no downloads associated with this release."

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Sorry about that - I was rushing to get that fix pushed out and actually forgot to upload the Zip file!

Should be there now ;-).

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM

That worked great for most of my files! Thanks!

I did get an error on one file and a couple others didn't work.

This file failed with an error.

Filename: CSI- Crime Scene Investigation_WCCODT_2011_01_08_19_58_00.wtv
Title: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Subtitle: Neverland
TV network affiliation: CBS Affiliate
Brodcast date: 3/11/2010 12:00 AM
Program Description: When a boy is murdered, the team uncovers evidence that could link his death to an old, recently resurfaced case.
Rerun: Yes

Looks like if failed on the ":". Any way to check for unsupported characters?

... checking C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Renamed\CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
... creating series folder in C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Renamed\CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
... creating season folder in C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Renamed\CSI: Crime Scene Investigation\Season 10
... moving to 'C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Renamed\CSI: Crime Scene Investigation\Season 10\CSI, Crime Scene Investigation - S10E15 - Neverland.wtv'
... error during move: The given path's format is not supported.

These files didn't work. 

Filename: 60 Minutes_WCCODT_2011_01_09_17_58_00.wtv
Title: 60 Minutes
Subtitle:
Episode name:
TV network affiliation: CBS Affiliate
Broadcast date: 1/9/2011 12:00 AM
Program Description: The rapid spread of gambling in the United States; the murder of the mayor of a Mexican city; dead celebrities continue to earn money for their estates.
Rerun: No

TheTVDB has the following:
Episode Name: The Big Gamble/Silver or Lead/A Living for the Dead
First Aired: 2011-01-09 

Could a second check be done on the air date?

Filename: Dateline NBC_KAREDT_2011_01_09_18_58_00.wtv
Title: Dateline NBC
Subtitle: Rescue in the Mountains
Episode name: Rescue in the Mountains
TV network affiliation: NBC Affiliate
Broadcast date: 1/9/2011 12:00 AM
Program Description: Ann Curry travels to the remote hills of Haiti with a group of American volunteers fighting against the cholera outbreak.

This one isn't in TheTVDB yet.

Filename: The Bachelor_KSTPDT_2011_01_08_19_58_00.wtv
Title: The Bachelor
Subtitle:
Episode name: 
TV network affiliation: ABC Affiliate
Broadcast date: 1/3/2011 12:00 AM
Program Description: Brad Womack must face the two women he rejected at the end of his first stint on the show; the bachelor selects a group of 20 women from a pool of 30.

Don't laugh, my girlfriend made me record this one. Looks like it ins't in TheTVDB yet either.

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I'm glad that the new XML file has fixed most of your problems.

The issue of the programme name having a colon in it is a new one! I'll log that and try to figure out how best to fix it. The XML configuration file does do character mapping to try to resolve a similar problem but on the filename. I don't (currently) use it for the directory name but that may be the simplest fix.

Regarding your request on using the air date, it is something I've considered using. I've got some recordings that have the air date in them so I'll add another issue to the work list to incorporate that.

Thanks for the feedback.