Use in other Scripts

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Hi,

Awesome tool.   I am impressed how well it works. 

However I have a question: is there anyway to have this tool interact with file processing automation services (i.e. such as dvrmstoolbox?).  The only way I know how to run the script is to let it loose on all files in a directory.  I would love to incorporate this into dvrmstoolbox which would require the following: a) specifiying a single file as a candidate for renaming, and then b) getting some sort of return on what the new file name should be.   This way I could include it in a dvrmstoolbox script as a critical first step to rename the file.  Another way to do that would be to use an external command call in some other scripting language which further automates things such as commercial detection and compression into a different codec.

Has anyone worked with this script in this way yet?

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Nobody has, to my knowledge, modified the script at all ;-).

I'm happy for people to do so and it would be nice if changes are contributed back if any are made.

That said, I can probably add a command line option to instruct the script to just look at one file and return the proposed rename file. Clearly this would bypass the functionality such as season folder creation, coping with duplicate recordings, etc.

Would that help?