This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Add air date to interactive results?

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:01 AM

I just got the script setup tonight and started playing with it. I am definitely liking what I am seeing and need to do a little more tweaking to my setup since I just ran a test file. I was curious if it would be possible in the future to add the air date along with the episode title in the results when using the -interactive. I found if it was a primetime show there is a good chance the recorded date will match the original air date even if the episode name doesn't match. This would make it easier to pick for shows that don't match. I found I ended up looking up thetvdb.com to see what the airdate was to match up the episode.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I have got an open issue (http://wtvmetarenamer.codeplex.com/workitem/576) to add this functionality. It is on my wishlist but it is not easy for me to test this one if I do ever code it up because air dates in TheTVDB tend to be those of when the programme aired in the US (and I'm in the UK), plus UK broadcasters don't tend to provide the information.

So I will add the code at some point but it will probably need a specific flag to get it to be used in case the code causes the script to bomb.

Aug 6, 2011 at 2:32 AM

That issue is similar, but more than I am asking. I would just like to see the air date listed next to the episode title in the results when you are running with -interactive and you are asked to pick an episode. I don't expect WTV-MetaRenamer to try to rename based off air date. 

Currently for example you get a list of episode titles to choose from.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

I would just like to see for example if theTVDB has airdates.

Episode 1 2011-08-08

Episode 2 2011-08-09

Episode 3 2011-08-10

For example I was trying to match America's Got Talent which for theTVDB has this season only as episode 1, episode 2, etc. As a result I had the record date in the file name, but with only episode numbers in the result no clear way to match it up. By going to theTVDB, I was able to see episode 18 was the one that matched the airdate.

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.