This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Setup for movies/series

Aug 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Hi,

I'm going to start using WTV-MetaRenamer this week. I've read the documentation and can't figure out how this tool handles movies that aren't part of a series? I have a library which consists of 2 main folders: D:\WMC\Videos\Movies and D:\WMC\Videos\TV. I'd like TV series to be placed in the TV folder in the right structure and "standalone" movies to be placed in the Movies folder in a folder with the same name as the movie. Is this the wrong way to do it?

Thanks in advance

Morten

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Hi Morten

The script, as it stands today, only deals with TV series, not movies.

I can certainly add it to the wishlist although there isn't a clean way of telling a recording of a TV programme separately from the recording of a movie. The script would (probably) have to rely on test TheTVDB first and, if it fails to match the name, try to match a movie instead. I'd have to look at some of the movie database APIs to see how easy or hard it would be to add that functionality.

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:26 PM

WMC already identifies movies to colour them purple in the TV guide and display recorded movies in the WMC Movies list.  Does this not hint to the solution?

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I was just wondering if you have made any progress with renaming movies? To add the year in parentheses after the title? Like-->The Stranger on the Third Floor (1940). The year is located in the .wtv/.dvr-ms metadata under Year Released.

It would be cool if your script did both but I still love it more than any I have found just as it is. Thanks again for posting it!

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2012 at 7:34 AM

There is an "issue" logged to track the requirement to add this functionality (http://wtvmetarenamer.codeplex.com/workitem/1182) but I don't yet know when I'll be able to add it.