This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Missing info

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Hi,

I'm experimenting with this tool. Unfortuantely I don't have much luck :-( My Windows uses Danish user interface which might be part of the problem. I've tried to specify "dk" and "da" as language in the config file but...

File properties are visible here:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_fBSCSOuZrJZjg5YTQ3MGQtMTRmYy00NWJiLTk4YzMtNGYxOWI1NmJjNWJk&hl=da

The output from the log file:

WTV-MetaRenamer v0.13
... failed to find attribute 'Title'
... failed to find attribute 'Date Created'
... failed to find attribute 'Subtitle'
... failed to find attribute 'Program Description'

Hopefully someone can help me with this?

Morten

Sep 8, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Hi Morten

What you need to do is edit the WTV-MetaRenamer.XML file and, where the file has entries for attribute_title, attribute_date_created, etc, you need to put in the Danish words. So, for example, the line that currently reads:

<attribute_title></attribute_title>

needs to be changed to:

<attribute_title>titel</attribute_title> 

That way, the script knows what the various labels are called, it can then find the attributes in the files and it should all then start working.

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I've edited the script and tried to map the English properties to the appropriate Danish ones. Now the problem is that a match can't be found which doesn't really surprise me.

The following is recorded in the log:

WTV-MetaRenamer v0.13
... found 'Oprettelsesdato' at index 4
... found 'Titel' at index 21
... found 'Undertekst' at index 196
... found 'Udsendelsesdato' at index 258
... found 'Programbeskrivelse' at index 259
... found 'Optagelsestidspunkt' at index 260
Processing Spin City.wtv
... title is 'Spin City'
... FetchSeriesID has retrieved one match from TvDB
... cloning XML entry for 'Spin City'
... returning 73153, language DAN, MatchBroadcastDate = false and MatchRecordingDate = false
... SeriesIsInIgnoreList
...... ignore list is empty
...... returning False
... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList
...... only list is empty
...... returning False
... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server
... Fjernserveren returnerede en fejl: (404) Ikke fundet.

One problem (I think) is that an episode number isn't present anywhere. I use XMLTV to generate program info. The show I've recorded to test has this information in the XML file I get from ontv.dk:

<programme channel="www.ontv.dk/tv/10066" start="20110909144500 +0200" stop="20110909151000 +0200">
    <title lang="dk">Spin City</title>
    <desc lang="dk">Forholdet mellem borgmesteren og Charlie kommer i en alvorlig krise, da borgmesterens nye kæreste, Judith, bliver rodet ind i en forsikringssag, der involverer rådhuset. Stuart, der er overbevist om, at han kan vinde en million dollars, får en hjælpende hånd fra Barry Melrose, og Paul opdager, at han måske ikke er helt så ærkeamerikansk, som han troede.</desc>
    <category lang="EN">serie</category>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns"> .111/145. </episode-num>
</programme>

So I wonder how I get the episode number information into my wtv file so the renamer has something to work with?

Thanks for your help!
Morten

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM

I think that you've discovered an oversight/feature/bug, depending on how you look at it. You have specified a language code for the programme, but if you look on thetvdb.com, there isn't a Danish entry for Spin City. What the script needs to do is to fall back to English if the country code specified doesn't exist, but it doesn't do that at the moment.

So, in the meantime, you just need to remove the country code for the programme and it should then match against the English programmes.

However, I think you are likely to still hit a problem if the metadata provided by Media Centre is in Danish, because the text will never match against the English text. Not a lot I can suggest for that unless you want to start contributing to thetvdb and add Danish entries ;-).

Philip

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Hi pcolmer,

I think I finally understand how this script works - it will actually try to find a match using the description, right? Hm, I doubt that ontv can provide English language in their XML feeds. Too bad but thanks for your help!

Morten