This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Not working? 'You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression'

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:38 AM

I've run this on a couple directories of .wtv files and keep getting the same error - what's wrong?

------------Log_   .txt----------------

WTV-MetaRenamer v0.13... found 'Date Created' at index 4... found 'Title' at index 21... found 'Subtitle' at index 196... found 'Broadcast date' at index 258... found 'Program Description' at index 259... found 'Recording time' at index 260Processing Best in Smoke_FOODHD_2011_05_15_20_00_03.wtv... title is 'Best in Smoke'... FetchSeriesID has retrieved one match from TvDB... cloning XML entry for 'Best in Smoke'... returning 248779, language en, MatchBroadcastDate = false and MatchRecordingDate = false... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Best in Smoke_FOODHD_2011_05_29_19_55_00.wtv... title is 'Best in Smoke'... FetchSeriesID returning 248779 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Best in Smoke_FOODHD_2011_05_22_20_00_04.wtv... title is 'Best in Smoke'... FetchSeriesID returning 248779 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Best in Smoke_FOODHD_2011_05_08_21_00_04.wtv... title is 'Best in Smoke'... FetchSeriesID returning 248779 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Can you please download the new version I've uploaded (http://wtvmetarenamer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/15075) and run it with -verbose so that additional debugging information is provided. This should help me to understand which part of the code that deals with episode information is failing.

Many thanks.

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:26 AM

WOW!  Your response to questions/issues is quite fast!  Glad to see that!

Here is the log file:

WTV-MetaRenamer v0.15 (beta)... found 'Date Created' at index 4... found 'Title' at index 21... found 'Subtitle' at index 196... found 'Broadcast date' at index 258... found 'Program Description' at index 259... found 'Recording time' at index 260Processing 30 Seconds to Fame_KDFWDT_2011_05_21_22_55_00.wtv... title is '30 Seconds to Fame'... FetchSeriesID returning 71123 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/71123/all/en.zip'... got OK status code back... about to chunk the data... block read... and written... block read... and written... transfer done... opening Zip file... extracting en.xml... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.

It appears that TheTVDB does contain this show data...and I found the en.xml file and it does contain 'real' data about the show....I'm not sure what's showing up as 'NULL'?

When I right-click on the file, the 'Details' tab contains a great deal of info about the show/episode....I can attach screen capture if that'll help

Thanks again - dave

(Windows 7 64-bit setup with files on NAS drive - mapped)

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2011 at 7:24 AM

My responses aren't always this quick but I do try ;-).

Looking at the sequence of events, it looks like the script is failing to extract the en.xml file and save it in the EpInfo folder. Given that the zip file is being written to that same folder, it isn't entirely clear what is going wrong yet.

I'll do some reading up on the Zip library I'm using and see if there are some further tests I can do/some additional debugging that might help with this.

Sorry about this - it is a new problem for me to diagnose.

Philip

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Hi Philip - That's a 'mega' quick response (less than 2 hours!)

Just wanted to give a brief update is that extracting the en.xml is NOT the problem.  I was able to see/read the file en.xml file and was tempted to include it (but it was quite long)...but I could see it.  Tried it in another folder (with multiple video files) and it downloaded/extracted all of the files; but the end result (no renaming) is the same.

I think the issue might be with the fact that these are remote files and not local.  These files are at \\192.168.1.236\Recorded_TV-Archive\subfolder in which \\192.168.1.236\Recorded_TV-Archive is mapped to a drive letter (T: I think) and I'm in that directory when starting the script.

Know that doesn't fix the problem, just wanted to say that the extraction/un-zipping is NOT the problem.

-dave

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Is the script stored on the mapped drive letter or is it stored elsewhere? If stored elsewhere, whereabouts is it? Also, where is the folder that is being used to store the Series XML files?

I don't think the problem lies with where the recordings are. The issue definitely seems to stem from the use of the Zip library but I don't yet know why.

Thanks.

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:27 PM

All of the original files from the zip are stored in the same directory as the TV recordings...when you asked me to run the latest script - since it only had the .ps1 file, I over wrote the existing .ps1 file and re-ran the script.  No changes or customizations in any of the files - am using all of the 'stock' settings.

I'll have to check when I get home where the Series XML files are being stored - that might be the issue/key, but according to the on-screen log and log.txt; it appears that it's downloading a series .zip file...and it must be unzipping and deleting the original series .zip file because when I searched for it - they were gone (just the en.xml file was left with series information).

Hope all that helps,

-dave

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Here's the Directory tree of the Tuesday attempt (30 Seconds to Fame) with the new Beta version:

XML
|__ EpInfo
     |__ Tmp.zip   (this .zip files DOES contain right info about the series in this directory - contained in the files  actors.xml, banners.xml, and en.xml)
|__SeriesList.xml  (which is NOT the right series for this directory - must have been copied from previous attempts)
|__updates.xml    (not sure if right...very short) 

30 Seconds to Fame_KDFWDT_2011_05_21_22_55_00.wtv
Ionic.Zip.dll
Log_20111130221400.txt
Log_20111206011439.txt
WTV-MetaRenamer.pdf
WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1
WTV-MetaRenamer.xml
WTV-MetaRenamer-OLD.ps1 

So....I have to take back my earlier statement about it actually unzipping the downloaded file...it did unzip on the earlier version, but not this new Beta.

-dave 

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Just for giggles....I went to another folder...unzipped the Tmp.zip file manually and put the files in ALL of the directories (because I wasn't sure where they are supposed to go)...and re-ran the script to see if it would do the renaming....nope.  Here's the 'on screen' results:

PS T:\Finding Bigfoot> .\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1 -verbose
Security WarningRun only scripts that you trust. While scripts from the Internet can becomputer. Do you want to run T:\Finding Bigfoot\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1?[D] Do not run  [R] Run once  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "D"): RNo configuration file specified; defaulting to T:\Finding Bigfoot\WTV-MUndo log is called 'T:\Finding Bigfoot\UndoRenames_20111207223306.ps1'Processing log is called 'T:\Finding Bigfoot\Log_20111207223306.txt'VERBOSE: ... found 'Date Created' at index 4VERBOSE: ... found 'Title' at index 21VERBOSE: ... found 'Subtitle' at index 196VERBOSE: ... found 'Broadcast date' at index 258VERBOSE: ... found 'Program Description' at index 259VERBOSE: ... found 'Recording time' at index 260No series updatesVERBOSE: ... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'VERBOSE: ... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cacheVERBOSE: ... returning default language code enVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsInIgnoreListVERBOSE: ...... ignore list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsNotInOnlyListVERBOSE: ...... only list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/seVERBOSE: ... got OK status code backVERBOSE: ... about to chunk the dataVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... transfer doneVERBOSE: ... opening Zip fileVERBOSE: ... extracting en.xmlVERBOSE: ... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'VERBOSE: ... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cacheVERBOSE: ... returning default language code enVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsInIgnoreListVERBOSE: ...... ignore list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsNotInOnlyListVERBOSE: ...... only list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/seVERBOSE: ... got OK status code backVERBOSE: ... about to chunk the dataVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... transfer doneVERBOSE: ... opening Zip fileVERBOSE: ... extracting en.xmlVERBOSE: ... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'VERBOSE: ... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cacheVERBOSE: ... returning default language code enVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsInIgnoreListVERBOSE: ...... ignore list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsNotInOnlyListVERBOSE: ...... only list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/seVERBOSE: ... got OK status code backVERBOSE: ... about to chunk the dataVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... transfer doneVERBOSE: ... opening Zip fileVERBOSE: ... extracting en.xmlVERBOSE: ... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'VERBOSE: ... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cacheVERBOSE: ... returning default language code enVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsInIgnoreListVERBOSE: ...... ignore list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsNotInOnlyListVERBOSE: ...... only list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/seVERBOSE: ... got OK status code backVERBOSE: ... about to chunk the dataVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... transfer doneVERBOSE: ... opening Zip fileVERBOSE: ... extracting en.xmlVERBOSE: ... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'VERBOSE: ... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cacheVERBOSE: ... returning default language code enVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsInIgnoreListVERBOSE: ...... ignore list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsNotInOnlyListVERBOSE: ...... only list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/seVERBOSE: ... got OK status code backVERBOSE: ... about to chunk the dataVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... transfer doneVERBOSE: ... opening Zip fileVERBOSE: ... extracting en.xmlVERBOSE: ... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'VERBOSE: ... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cacheVERBOSE: ... returning default language code enVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsInIgnoreListVERBOSE: ...... ignore list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsNotInOnlyListVERBOSE: ...... only list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/seVERBOSE: ... got OK status code backVERBOSE: ... about to chunk the dataVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... transfer doneVERBOSE: ... opening Zip fileVERBOSE: ... extracting en.xmlVERBOSE: ... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'VERBOSE: ... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cacheVERBOSE: ... returning default language code enVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... returning MatchBroadcastDate as FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsInIgnoreListVERBOSE: ...... ignore list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... SeriesIsNotInOnlyListVERBOSE: ...... only list is emptyVERBOSE: ...... returning FalseVERBOSE: ... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/seVERBOSE: ... got OK status code backVERBOSE: ... about to chunk the dataVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... block readVERBOSE: ... and writtenVERBOSE: ... transfer doneVERBOSE: ... opening Zip fileVERBOSE: ... extracting en.xmlPS T:\Finding Bigfoot>

and here is the Log_20111207223306.txt:

WTV-MetaRenamer v0.15 (beta)... found 'Date Created' at index 4... found 'Title' at index 21... found 'Subtitle' at index 196... found 'Broadcast date' at index 258... found 'Program Description' at index 259... found 'Recording time' at index 260Processing Finding Bigfoot_APLHD_2011_09_04_18_00_02.wtv... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/249235/all/en.zip'... got OK status code back... about to chunk the data... block read... and written... block read... and written... transfer done... opening Zip file... extracting en.xml... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Finding Bigfoot_APLHD_2011_09_04_15_58_00.wtv... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/249235/all/en.zip'... got OK status code back... about to chunk the data... block read... and written... block read... and written... transfer done... opening Zip file... extracting en.xml... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Finding Bigfoot_APLHD_2011_09_04_05_00_02.wtv... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/249235/all/en.zip'... got OK status code back... about to chunk the data... block read... and written... block read... and written... transfer done... opening Zip file... extracting en.xml... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Finding Bigfoot_APLHD_2011_09_04_03_58_00.wtv... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/249235/all/en.zip'... got OK status code back... about to chunk the data... block read... and written... block read... and written... transfer done... opening Zip file... extracting en.xml... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Finding Bigfoot_APLHD_2011_09_04_12_58_00.wtv... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/249235/all/en.zip'... got OK status code back... about to chunk the data... block read... and written... block read... and written... transfer done... opening Zip file... extracting en.xml... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Finding Bigfoot_APL_2011_09_04_02_58_00.wtv... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/249235/all/en.zip'... got OK status code back... about to chunk the data... block read... and written... block read... and written... transfer done... opening Zip file... extracting en.xml... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.Processing Finding Bigfoot_APLHD_2011_09_04_17_00_08.wtv... title is 'Finding Bigfoot'... FetchSeriesID returning 249235 from cache... returning default language code en... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False... SeriesIsInIgnoreList...... ignore list is empty...... returning False... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList...... only list is empty...... returning False... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/249235/all/en.zip'... got OK status code back... about to chunk the data... block read... and written... block read... and written... transfer done... opening Zip file... extracting en.xml... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server... You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Hi Philip,

Hope the holidays were pleasant for you....just revisiting here and had another thought.  Since the script IS successful in downloading the zip file...why not implement either a command line optional parameter OR make an entry into the XML config file as to where it can find the uncompressed ZIP file info.  And if that parameter is set; the script won't download/assemble a new zip.

My thoughts are:

1. run the script - it will assemble/download the tmp.zip file and fail
  2. I manually unzip the files
  3. I now re-run the script with the path name to the unzipped files

while it's not as elegant or automated as we'd both like - sounds like it would work?

Thanks again - dave

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Hi Dave

Trying to refresh my brain a bit here ... you are mapping T: to network storage and it looks like you are running the script from within the folder "Finding Bigfoot", located on the T: drive.

Where are the XML files stored?

Thanks.

Philip

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Here's how I understand the history / issue:

I'm unzipping the files right into the directory that contains the .WTV files....in this case a mapped network share T:\Recorded_TV-Archive\Finding Bigfoot\  with the directory containing the structure:

XML
|__ EpInfo
     |__ Tmp.zip   (this .zip files DOES contain right info about the series in this directory - contained in the files  actors.xml, banners.xml, and en.xml)
|__SeriesList.xml  (which is NOT the right series for this directory - must have been copied from previous attempts)
|__updates.xml    (not sure if right...very short) 

bigfoot video.wtv
Ionic.Zip.dll
Log_20111130221400.txt
Log_20111206011439.txt
WTV-MetaRenamer.pdf
WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1
WTV-MetaRenamer.xml
WTV-MetaRenamer-OLD.ps1

the script is successful in downloading the series data tmp.zip file....BUT doesn't unzip it. 

You believed the problem resided in the zip file routine not working?  With it not unzipping, it couldn't match data to do the renaming.  I was providing alternate suggestions for a workaround.

Hope that helps - appreciate your help,

-dave

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Hi Dave

Can you do me a favour? Create a folder locally on your PC, containing the XML folder, Ionic.Zip.dll, WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1 and WTV-MetaRenamer.xml.

Then edit the XML file so that the line

<recordings></recordings>

contains the path to T:\Recorded_TV-Archive\. Then run the script from within the local PC folder and see if that works any better.

Thanks.

Philip

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Edited Jan 12, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Ahh...ok - sounds like another good plan.  Changed the directory because I have another collection that needs renaming.  Here are my steps:

Unzip Build 12885 to:  C:\Users\dsimmons\Desktop\Build 12885

Change WTV-MetaRenamer.xml as below:

-<config>
     <default_language/>
     <xml_cache/>
     <recordings>t:\Recorded_TV-Archive\Sitcoms\Outsourced\</recordings>
     <accept_single_bme/>

Start-Transcript output.txt -append
.\WTV-MetaRenamer.ps1 -verbose
Stop-Transcript

None of the TV files were renamed - nor was the log_xxxx.txt file created in the destination (T:\Recorded_TV-Archive\Sitcoms\Outsourced\

BUT THEN A MIRACLE HAPPENED

when I clicked the directory name to copy/paste it into this discussion - it changed the directory name to:  T:\Sitcoms\Outsourced

which made me thing - AH - HA....so I changed the xml config file to: <recordings>t:\Sitcoms\Outsourced\</recordings>

Started up the 'Start-Transcript output2.txt -append' and let er rip

THIS time it changed the names of 4 out of the 20 recordings!!!  Alright!  Now we're making head-way!

Rather than fill up this post with log/output files...here are links to download/view them:

http://dgnal.net/wtv-metarenamer/

Thanks again!!  -dave

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Hi Dave

Good to see that the script has started working. I'm curious that it seems to have only processed 4 out of the 20 recordings. The logging you've provided literally shows it processing only four files, so I'm not sure why it hasn't processed the other 16. Are they in the same folder? Are they all WTV files?

The script certainly seems to be working now, which is good news indeed. I think the only other comment I would make is that the script is capable of moving the recordings to destination folders based on the programme name, so you don't need to move the recordings yourself first and then run the script against each programme folder. You can just feed the script a whole bunch of unfiled recordings and it will rename & move the recordings appropriately. Apologies if you did understand that already.

Philip

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Appreciate the help - once I saw it was working; I put it through the paces!  Reran it on the OutSourced directory and it did rename the rest of the shows.

As far as knowing it could move/sub-divide; guess I had to learn to crawl before I could run the marathon....grin

Thanks again,

-dave

P.S.  Maybe this can become part of the 'Troubleshooting' section of the docs.  If it won't run on a network drive (because it's experiencing some weird drive mapping issues); run it from a local hard-drive and change the XML <recordings></recordings> section.  Think that would help alot?!  It did me!