Using on DVR-MS files?

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the amazing tool!  I am just starting to organize my collection and I was wondering if you had any pointers on changing the script so that it will do its tricks to rename and re-organize DVR-MS files as it does for WTV files.  I unfortunately have converted a large number of WTV files to DVR-MS, and obviously the script is hard-coded to work on WTV files.  Could it be as simple as changing the Get-ChildItem cmdlet call to query for DVR-MS?  I know powershell, but I am not familiar with this rather complex script, and your advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks again!

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:52 AM

I've gone through with my find-replace (and removed the wtv->dvrms conversion) and it seems to have worked.  Again, thanks for such a great tool.  I'll be sure not to make that mistake again!  :-)

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Thanks for the update and for sharing your experiences.

Jan 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Edited Jan 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM

FYI, I had just tried this myself (before finding this entry, natch).  there are only two places that I had to change ".wtv" to ".dvr-ms".

I copied the .ps1 file to make a new script, DVR-MS-MetaRenamer.ps1, changed those two places, and viola.

It would be very cool to have a release that did both (and processed directory trees also!).

Thanks!

Kelly