Possible to move WTV files to a series folder even if no match on TVDB?

Topics: fixed
Apr 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Hi, 

Great script by the way. I've had a good play with the settings and XML file and havent had any luck acheiving the above. Is it possible to move WTV files to their series folder even if it doesnt match anything on TVDB? What Im after is basically grouping all WTV files into their series folder from the embedded metadata. I've had a look through the logs and it looks like its getting the series data from each WTV file with no problems - but I only see WTV files being moved if they get a match on TVDB.

Example...

Grand Designs Revisited_ABC1_2012_04_13_18_00_37.wtv

Grand Designs Revisited_ABC1_2012_03_16_17_58_54.wtv

Grand Designs Revisited_ABC1_2012_03_19_17_59_24.wtv

the above WTV files would go into the Folder "Grand Designs Revisited" regardless if they match episode data or not.

So really, I guess Im asking if its possible to skip the TVDB lookup part and just move each WTV to appropriate series folders based solely on the detected series metadata in the WTV file.

Thanks heaps

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Nice suggestion. It shouldn't be too hard to add that as an option and I'll put it on the task list.

I'm not sure at the moment when there will be the next release of the script as I'm busy writing a WinPhone app at the moment but I definitely aim to get another release out in due course. Just saying this so you don't worry because I haven't done anything for a while ...

Thanks.

Philip

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Apr 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM
thanks heaps Philip. I'll keep an eye out.

pcolmer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Nice suggestion. It shouldn't be too hard to add that as an option and I'll put it on the task list.

I'm not sure at the moment when there will be the next release of the script as I'm busy writing a WinPhone app at the moment but I definitely aim to get another release out in due course. Just saying this so you don't worry because I haven't done anything for a while ...

Thanks.

Philip