This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

XML HELP!!

Topics: question
Jan 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM

First off... Thanks for the extremely hard work. I really do like this program.

I have been working on this for about a week and have, through trial and error, found out some things NOT to do... like delete files while testing.

I have read all 3 pages of the documentation and have searched google for answers of how to format the xml file but have come up short.

Is there a way to explain and then put in examples of working lines in the xml configuration file? I am currently trying to figure how to change the season and episode naming format but haven't got a working model yet.

Thanks,

D

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM
"episode_name_format specifies how PowerShell will rename the files. The default is {0} – S{1}E{2} – {3}. Powershell replaces {0} with the series name, {1} with the season number, {2} with the episode number and {3} with the episode name. Some users prefer to use full-stops instead of dashes, and no spaces, in which case the value to specify would be {0}.S{1}E{2}.{3}. Note that you must not put quotes around the value."

It Might be helpful to know what format you are trying to achieve. I wanted showname.seasonnumberepisodenumber.episodename - Show.S01E01.name so it was fairly easy to edit the xml to achieve that - remove the space - space and replace with a decimal point. I haven't tried anything else but I imagine it is as simple as replacing what is not in the brackets {0} with what you want.

Here is mine: <episode_name_format>{0}.S{1}E{2}.{3}</episode_name_format>

Hope that helps!