Cant figure it out..

Topics: question
Mar 14, 2013 at 4:14 AM
I like to think im somewhat smart, but i cant figure out what im doing wrong here.

all i want to do is read meta data from the wtv, and rename it with subfolders.. i dont even want to check for info via the internet... or TVdb i just want to sort my wtv files based on meta data.. all i get is the wtv being renamed, no sub folders...
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I don't think the script is going to do what you want, but you are welcome to hack the PowerShell until it does :-).

The reason why the script goes to TVdb is to get the necessary information required to rename the file and, where appropriate, create the containing folders.

Reading the meta data is a fairly small part of what the script does so it should be fairly easy to extract that bit of the script and then take it from there.
Mar 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM
my main issue was the script not making subfolders.. Your script is awesome, but your directions suck. :-) I had to enter the root folder in the "MoveTo" i was leaving this blank assuming it would use the root watch folder..

If you get bored.... maybe in the directions you can list each XML parameter and note options, what they default to, and what parameters are "Required". Please.... :-)
Apr 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM
The documentation is in .pdf form in the zip file available under the Downloads tab.