This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Windows 8 Libraries

Topics: question
Nov 17, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Hello,

Excellent work on this tool. Very useful. I have downloaded and been testing out v0.18 on Win8 and have found that it works great as long as the titles reside in a normal directory. Unfortunately, my Win8 MCE writes the .wtv files to a "library" called RecordedTV.library-ms, which seems to be much different than a simple directory.

Any chance this tool supports libraries, or will library support be something that may be looked at in the future?

Thanks,
Jarret
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Hi

Libraries have a single save location, so MCE will be recording to a standard directory which you can then configure in the script.

Beyond that, I'm not sure how you would like the script to support libraries. I can think of a scenario where the script could scan all of the directories that go to make up a library but I am not sure how useful that would be in practice given the fact that recordings would only appear in one directory at a time. I think that scanning all of the directories would potentially be useful if you find yourself changing the save location or reconfiguring the library and don't want to reconfigure the script as well?

If you can give me an insight into what sort of support you are looking for with regard to libraries, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Philip
Nov 19, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Thank you for the reply. My understanding of Windows Libraries was incorrect. I now see that the recording files are stored in another directory and I was able to successfully point the script at that directory.

Again, thank you for your help.

-Jarret
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Not a problem, Janet. Glad I could help clear it up for you.