This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Renaming unmatched files

Topics: question
Dec 1, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Hi -- I apologize if this has been previously asked! I didn't see it in a search of the discussions, nor in the documentation.

I have a bunch of files that cannot be matched because they're unavailable in thetvdb, typically sporting events. In that situation, I'd still like to have those unmatched files renamed based on the available metadata (such as "{BroadcastDate} - {Title} - {Subtitle} or something similar). There's an option to move unmatched files, but I don't see an option to rename them as well.

Is there an option in XML to accomplish this?

(This script has saved me a ton of time, and I've integrated it with Plex easily for remote access purposes. I truly appreciate your effort on this project. If I was better with Powershell, I'd offer to help!)

Thanks!
Dec 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM
There isn't an option to do this at the moment, but I can add one. I'll make this a work item but I don't know yet when I'll have any time to make the change. I will do it - just not sure when yet :-)
Dec 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.