This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Some files not being moved

Topics: bug, question
Mar 31, 2014 at 4:56 PM
I am having an issue where a few files are not being renamed and moved even though the log indicates the episode was correctly identified and that the script was moving the file. See below for an example.

I can verify that the original file is still in the original location and is not being renamed or moved despite what the log says. I can also verify that the destination location exists (other episodes have been moved to that folder in recent weeks).

Any idea what could be happening?

Processing American Dad Stan Goes on the Pill [2014_03_30_18_30_00].wtv
... title is 'American Dad'
... FetchSeriesID returning 73141 from cache
... returning default language code en
... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False
... returning MatchBroadcastDate as False
... SeriesIsInIgnoreList
...... ignore list is empty
...... returning False
... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList
...... only list is empty
...... returning False
... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/73141/all/en.zip'
... got OK status code back
... about to chunk the data
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... block read
... and written
... transfer done
... opening Zip file
... extracting en.xml
... extracted to EpInfo
... loading 'D:\Recorded TV\WTV-MetaRenamer\XML\EpInfo\73141.xml'
... downloaded episode information from server
... testing against the subtitle metadata
... MatchEpisodePrecisely: trying to find an episode that matches 'Stan Goes on the Pill'
... matched once; returning season and episode number
... matched against season 10 and episode 14
... got interim name of American Dad! S10E14 Stan Goes on the Pill.wtv
... remapped name is American Dad! S10E14 Stan Goes on the Pill.wtv
... checking d:\Recorded TV\American Dad!
... found series under path d:\Recorded TV
... moving to 'd:\Recorded TV\American Dad!\Season 10\American Dad! S10E14 Stan Goes on the Pill.wtv'
Mar 31, 2014 at 5:01 PM
If previous episodes have worked for the same series, I can't immediately think of a reason, unless that episode already exists?

It looks like you've got the script running in verbose mode. It may be that the move operation is failing for some reason that PowerShell is then just ignoring. I'll take a look at the script to see if I can add more info.
Mar 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, pcolmer.

FYI, I've only been using the script for about a week (I LOVE IT!!), and this has happened to a few other shows. Another incident that may be helpful in troubleshooting involves a show that is not in TVDB. It's a kids' show, and I have 4 episodes recorded. When I first set the move_unmatched_series variable and ran the script, the script moved all but 1 of the episodes to the destination even though the log indicated it was moving all of them. The one that was not successfully moved is the first one in the log excerpt below.

Processing Biz Kid$ How Credit Affects Your Life [2014_03_29_10_00_00].wtv
... title is 'Biz Kid$'
... failed to retrieve series information from TvDB
... no series ID retrieved for this recording
... moving to 'd:\Recorded TV\Unmatched\Biz Kid$ How Credit Affects Your Life [2014_03_29_10_00_00].wtv'
Processing Biz Kid$_WBIQDT_2014_01_25_10_00_00.wtv
... title is 'Biz Kid$'
... failed to retrieve series information from TvDB
... no series ID retrieved for this recording
... moving to 'd:\Recorded TV\Unmatched\Biz Kid$_WBIQDT_2014_01_25_10_00_00.wtv'
Processing Biz Kid$_WBIQDT_2014_02_01_10_00_00.wtv
... title is 'Biz Kid$'
... failed to retrieve series information from TvDB
... no series ID retrieved for this recording
... moving to 'd:\Recorded TV\Unmatched\Biz Kid$_WBIQDT_2014_02_01_10_00_00.wtv'
Processing Biz Kid$_WBIQDT_2014_02_08_10_00_00.wtv
... title is 'Biz Kid$'
... failed to retrieve series information from TvDB
... no series ID retrieved for this recording
... moving to 'd:\Recorded TV\Unmatched\Biz Kid$_WBIQDT_2014_02_08_10_00_00.wtv'
Apr 1, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I'm concerned that these might be failing because of strange characters, although it is a bit odd that it works for some but not all of the files.

So the first one, for example, might be failing because of [ and ]. You can eliminate these by editing the XML and adding them to the right section (sorry - don't have the file in front of me so I hope that makes sense).

Regards

Philip
Apr 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM
I can confirm that the brackets were the culprits. I manually renamed the remaining 50 or so files, removing the brackets from the dates, and the script ran without a hitch. It is strange, however, that the script did not have trouble with all the bracketed files. In any case, I changed my registry settings so WMC saves recordings without brackets.

Thanks for your help!
Apr 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM
My pleasure - glad we got to a solution.

I'll update the chars in the default XML file so that $ and [ ] are included for exclusion, as it were.

Regards

Philip