Possible to match on Broadcast date?

Topics: question
Jul 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Ok, don't judge me, but I'm trying to get this to work properly with the soap opera "Days of our Lives". (It's for my wife, I swear).

Anyway, the issue I'm having is that there is just not a lot of metadata for that show, who would want to right metadata for the show EVERY DAY?? They also changed their Episode name format mid-season. It used to be a number like "12228" but now it's just the date like "Thursday 4/17/14". The look up function is not looking due to this change. It finds that the show is Days of our Lives, but can't make a match. If I could make it match on the Broadcast Date, I think it would find the correct information and rename it off there. Is there any way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Oh, here's the log from one of the lookups in case that helps:
WTV-MetaRenamer v0.17
... found 'Date Created' at index 4
... found 'Title' at index 21
... found 'Subtitle' at index 196
... found 'Broadcast date' at index 258
... found 'Program Description' at index 259
... found 'Recording time' at index 260
Processing Days of our Lives_WEAUDT_2014_07_11_12_28_00.wtv
... title is 'Days of our Lives'
... TvDB has returned multiple matches
... got precise match
... returning 70366, language english, MatchBroadcastDate = false and MatchRecordingDate = false
... SeriesIsInIgnoreList
...... ignore list is empty
...... returning False
... SeriesIsNotInOnlyList
...... only list is empty
...... returning False
... about to fetch 'http://thetvdb.com/api/DE8C5EB3A19C799A/series/70366/all/english.zip'
... got error while trying to retrieve episode information from server
... The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
... failed to match TV programme precisely against the database
... best matches have a score of 0
... possible matching programmes are:
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Hi

Yes, it is possible to get the script to match on broadcast date or recording date, so long as the entries in theTVDB are correct :-).

What you have to do is manually edit the SeriesList XML file. The changes you need to make are explained on page 10 of the PDF manual in the Zip file.

If you can't get it to work, please feel free to attach your SeriesList file for me to look at.

Regards

Philip
Jul 14, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Brilliant! I'm not sure how I missed that section, but it is exactly what I needed.

Thanks a ton!

Monty