This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Ignore Protected Shows

Topics: question
Dec 8, 2015 at 12:45 AM
Is it possible to ignore shows if the Protected flag is true?

I'm using this wonderful script to automatically move recordings into folders that Plex will understand. This is pointless to do for any show that is protected though, as I wouldn't be able to watch it on a remote machine anyway.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2015 at 6:50 AM
I can certainly try and make that change. Unfortunately, none of the recordings I make have that flag set, so I'm not sure how to find it.

I would ask if you could share a recording but the flag may not carry over with it as it would be part of the filing system metadata and not necessarily a flag that is stored within the file itself. We could try, though, if you like.

Philip
Dec 8, 2015 at 3:35 PM
Thanks Philip! Let's give this a try. I made a short recording of a copy-protected channel, and uploaded it here.
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:04 AM
Just to let you know that I may not be able to look at this for a couple of weeks. I'm out of the country on work so I'm not sure at the moment when I'll have some time but I have kept the email notification to remind me to look at it.

Thank you for your patience.

Philip
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2015 at 9:45 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.